The holidays will be here before we know it, and for us at Central Communications Halloween signals the beginning of the holiday season. While we don’t always dress up in costumes, we do sometimes have a potluck, and everyone brings in something good to eat, but with a scary Halloween theme. We found this recipe online. It is easy enough to make and you don’t have to keep it warm.
12 hard boiled eggs
1/2 C. mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
2 green onions, finely minced
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. dry ground mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
blue food coloring, as needed
red paste food coloring, as needed
24 slices of black olives
pimentos or fresh red peppers
Instructions: 1. Peel the hard boiled eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Scoop the yolks out into a medium bowl and reserve the whites until needed.
2. With the back of a fork, mash the yolks until smooth.
3. Add mayo, onions, parsley, mustard, salt, paprika, and garlic powder. Mix well.
4. Add a few drops of blue food coloring to turn the yellow mixture a soft green.
5. Spoon green yolk mixture into the cavity in each white half, dividing evenly.
5. On top of each yolk filling, place one black olive slice. Add a small piece of pimento or red pepper for the pupil.
6. With a toothpick dipped in red food coloring paste, draw red veins on egg white’s surface.
7. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Enjoy, let us know if you liked them.