Every year we try out best to get Dad something cool for Father’s Day, and most years we just plain fail. But this year it’s going to be different. We are not going to buy him another tie, another tool (unless he specifically asked for a particular one), or any cheesey joke gift. This year it is going to be a day off, let him sleep in, and cook him an awesome lunch or dinner.
If he is a meat eater, then we will go to Rachel Ray’s site, and get the recipe for the best burger ever. If he loves pasta, then lasagna it is. If you are a terrible cook, then order a meal from his favorite restaurant, and if he is like some other Dad’s I know, let him eat it at home, in his comfy clothes. Then, try these cupcakes, they look to DIE for! We googled Red Velvet Cupcakes and found this on Your Cup of Cake’s website:
Red Velvet Cupcakes with White Chocolate Mousse
Red Velvet Cupcakes:
1 box Red Velvet Cake mix
1/2 C. butter, melted and slightly cooled (or oil)
1 C. sour cream
1/2 C. milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Box White Chocolate Instant Pudding mix
3 C. Heavy Whipping Cream
Sprinkles for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, butter, sour cream, milk and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in cake mix.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Quick Mousse: In a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, beat instant pudding mix and heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe mousse onto cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles!
Copyright © YourCupofCake